Three Must Watch Documentaries
You need to watch these three documentaries. Each one, has the ability in itself, to compel one into living vegan - and each for very different reasons: Because you care about animals, your health, or the planet Earth.
Earthlings is a 2005 documentary film about our use of animals as food, clothing, entertainment, pets, and for scientific research. It chronicles the standard practices of the animal agricultural industry. This is not “worse-case” scenarios – this is the reality of what goes on day in and day out - to supply our ever increasing consumer demand.
Click here for other top animal rights films and short videos.
Forks Over Knives
Forks Over Knives is the film to watch if you care about your health. Released in 2011, I can't believe how many folks I meet that haven't heard or seen it. This film makes it clear from the start that the Standard American Diet (SAD) is killing us. There is a solution - Adopt a whole-foods, plant-based diet.
Click here for other top health-related films and short videos.
Cowspiracy - the Sustainability Secret, released in 2014, clearly & unequivocally illustrates what an absolute ecological disaster animal agriculture is to planet Earth.
Click here for other top environmental-related films and short videos.
Bonus 1: Live & Let Live (non-graphic)
Bonus 2: The Hardest Part of Being Vegan (non-graphic)
More Critical Viewing:
Be Fair, Be Vegan
Omnivore Excuses Debunked in 60 Seconds
Maggie's Life in 30 Seconds
Jenny's Life in 30 Seconds
Dairy Industry in 60 Seconds
Life of a lamb in 60 Seconds
Saddest video ever - cow going to slaughter (non-graphic)
The Vegan Red Pill...
10 Facts the Dairy Industry Doesn't Want You to Know:
- Cows, like all mammals, must give birth in order to lactate
- Dairy cows are artificially and forcibly inseminated each year, in what the industry refers to as "rape racks"
- Nearly ALL dairy calves are stolen from their mother's upon birth (so the milk can be sold and profits made)
- Male calves are sold to be slaughtered for veal - without the dairy industry, the veal industry wouldn't exist
- Please visit Free from Harm for the complete list and the truth behind the cruel dairy industry.
And please know this: Non-dairy milks (be it rice, almond, cashew, oat, hemp, etc.) are extremely EASY to make, are delicious, better for our health & are cruelty free! Here's are two of my favorite no fuss recipes.